The State Rehabilitation Council needs your contribution, your ideas and your energy! Join an active group where everyone has a voice and can impact change. State Rehabilitation Council membership reflects representation from:
- Persons with disabilities across the state
- Current and former recipients of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation services
- Individuals connected to business, industry or labor
- Medical and education professions
- Community rehabilitation programs
Interested? Contact Rhonda Tanner to apply at (307) 777-8650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wyoming State Rehabilitation Council works on behalf of Wyoming citizens with disabilites, and promotes competitive and integrated employment through suppport of the Wyoming Division of Vocational Rehabilitation to continually work to improve the quality of employment services for all people with disabilities. The SRC members will have monthly phone calls, members are encouraged to participate in the call to review and discuss changes in Vocational Rehabilitation or SRC policies or practice. In addition, SRC members will participate in 2-4 face-to-face meetings each year in various locations around the state. Two of these meetings will be in conjunction with the State Independent Living Council.
2016 SRC activities include: Attendance at the annual Parent Information Center conference on disabilities on February 26-28 in Casper, WY with Transition consultant Nicky Harper.
- SRC is sending a representative to the NSRC/CSAVR national conferences in Washington, DC
- The SRC received a data dashboard from VR Services linked to its website for program review
- The SRC received regular updates on the work done on behalf of the Employment First legislative implementation for the state
- The SRC reached out to the RSA/SRC Liaison for technical assistance in its re-organization and orientation of new membership
- The SRC presented Employer Appreciation Awards to Walmart and High Mountain Seasonings of Riverton for their work in promoting the hiring people with disabilities.
- Purchased webcams for SRC members to facilitate video conferencing capabilities of the council
- SRC toured the Wind River Job Corps in Riverton
State Rehabilitation Council Committees
- Analyze and review DVR State Plan.
- Analyze and review most recent Statewide Needs Assessment recommendations and their correlation with State Plan goals.
- Organize SRC activities to support successful accomplishment of DVR State Plan goals, as appropriate.
- Review policies and procedures for better understanding of DVR process and decision making. Recommend changes as appropriate.
- Organize collaboration and cooperation activities with other agencies and advisory councils.
- Activities to educate and promote DVR and SRC to the general public, legislators, and community and State leaders.
- Review of client satisfaction survey results to determine both negative and positive trends.
Membership and Recruitment Committee
- Contact and recruit prospective members who meet membership criteria in order to maintain a full council.
- Organize annual training activities for new council members.
Upcoming SRC Meetings
- High Mountain Seasonings
- Man's Best Friend
- Wyoming Roofing
- Sheridan County Fairgrounds
- Kennon Products
- Sam's Club
- Advantage Marketing
- Westward Heights Care Center
- Wind River Casino
- Taco Johns
- D&H Welding
- History of Vocational Rehabilitation
- The Rehabilitation Act
- The Principles and Policies of the Rehabilitation Act
- The Role of the State Rehabilitation Council
- National Disability Employment Awareness PSA
SRC Reports, Meeting Agendas and Minutes
For Council reports, agendas and minutes, contact Rhonda Tanner at (307) 777-8650 or email@example.com.