If you have any questions or concerns about your vocational rehabilitation program, please contact...
- Jim McIntosh - (307) 777-7389; or
- Tobi Cates - (307) 777-8960
Let's start with this video for a quick overview of Vocational Rehabilitation and its services.
The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services is committed to helping people with disabilities establish and reach vocational goals that help them become productive working citizens. During any given year, the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services - Vocational Rehabilitation Division actively works with more than 4,000 of Wyoming's citizens with disabilities, and, on average, approximately 700 of those citizens successfully complete a rehabilitation program and enter the workforce. For every dollar spent on Vocational Rehabilitation services, a consumer earns, on average, $11 in increased taxable income.
The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services - Vocational Rehabilitation Division can provide only those services which are necessary for eligible individuals to reach the employment goal agreed to in the Individualized Plan for Employment. These services may include, but are not limited to:
- Eligibility Assessment
- Counseling and Guidance
- Referral Services
- Job Search and Placement Assistance
- Job Retention and Career Follow-Up
- Vocational and Other Training Services
- Facilitation of diagnosis and treatment of physical and mental impairments
- Transportation Services
- Personal Assistance Services
- Deaf and Blind Interpretive Services
- Rehabilitation Teaching Services
- Occupational Licenses, Tools and Equipment
- Self-Employment Opportunities
- Rehabilitation Technology Services
- Transition Services (from school-to-work)
- Supported Employment Services
The criteria for determining eligibility for Vocational Rehabilitation Services are as follows:
- The individual has a physical or mental impairment;
- The impairment constitutes or results in a substantial impediment to employment;
- The individual shall be presumed to be able to benefit in terms of an employment outcome from the provision of Vocational Rehabilitation services unless there is clear and convincing evidence that the applicant is incapable of benefiting in terms of an employment outcome from Vocational Rehabilitation services; and
- The applicant requires services to prepare for, enter into, engage in, regain or retain gainful employment consistent with the applicant's strengths, concerns, abilities, capabilities and informed choice
Read the 2015 Vocational Rehabilitation Needs Assessment.
Office Locations & Contacts
- 350 South Washington Street, Afton, WY 83110
- (307) 886-3380
- (307) 886-9269 Fax
- Also see the Kemmerer office
- 650 Piney Drive, High School Annex, # 112, Big Piney, WY 83113
- (307) 276-3520
- Also see the Kemmerer office
- 851 Werner Court, #120, Casper, WY 82601
- (307) 261-2172
- (307) 261-2171
- (307) 472-5601 Fax
Disability Determination Services
- 2617 East Lincolnway, #B, Cheyenne, WY 82002
- (307) 777-7341
- (800) 972-2372 Fax
- 1510 East Pershing Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82002
- (866) 804-3678 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 777-7364
- (307) 777-3759 Fax
- 614 South Greeley Highway, Cheyenne, WY 82002
- (307) 777-7389
- 1026 Blackburn Street, #3, Cody, WY 82414
- (307) 527-7174
- (877) 473-7207 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 527-4251 Fax
- 311 North Russell Ave., #B, Douglas, WY 82633
- (307) 358-4688
- (307) 358-4684
- (866) 217-1401 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 358-0163 Fax
- (307) 332-4465
- 350 City View Drive, #205, Evanston, WY 82930
- (307) 789-2766
- (877) 473-7208 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 789-6129 Fax
- 551 Running W Drive, S#100, Gillette, WY 82718
- (307) 682-2672
- (877) 474-4086 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 687-2937 Fax
- Call the Douglas office to schedule an appointment in Glendo.
- 925 West Birch Street, Glenrock, WY 82637
- Call the Douglas office to schedule an appointment in Glenrock.
- 165 East Railroad Street, Green River, WY 82935
- Call the Rock Springs office to schedule an appointment in Green River.
- 301 South Adams Street, Hanna, WY 82327
- (307) 324-2238
- Call the Rawlins office to schedule an appointment in Hanna.
- 155 West Gill Ave., Jackson, WY 83001
- Send mail to this address: P.O. Box 2873, Jackson, WY 83001
- (307) 733-6150
- (866) 293-3742 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 734-0458 Fax
- 20 Adaville Road, Diamondville, WY 83116
- Send mail to this address: P.O. Box 87, Kemmerer, WY 83101
- (307) 877-9334
- (866) 367-6143 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 877-3177 Fax
- 1295 12th Street, Lander, WY 82520
- (866) 414-3971 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 332-4465
- (307) 332-4188 Fax
- 3817 Beech Street, #100, Laramie, WY 82070
- (307) 745-3160
- (866) 387-2077 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 721-3110 Fax
- 370 North Faler Ave., #3, Pinedale, WY 82941
- (307) 367-3102
- Also see the Rock Springs and Kemmerer offices
- North Beckman Street & 7th Street, Powell, WY 82435
- (307) 754-6411
- Also see the Cody office
- 1703 Edinburgh Street, Rawlins, WY 82301
- (307) 324-2238
- (877) 473-7209 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 324-5535 Fax
- 609 East Madison Ave., #3, Riverton, WY 82501
- (307) 856-2393
- (866) 335-3140 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 856-6968 Fax
- 2451 Foothill Blvd., #100, Rock Springs, WY 82901
- (307) 362-2770
- (866) 858-4125 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 362-4055 Fax
- 247 Grinnell Plaza, Sheridan, WY 82801
- (307) 674-7529
- (307) 674-6506
- (866) 423-5989 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 674-6354 Fax
- Gottsche Rehabilitation Center
148 East Arapahoe Street, Thermopolis, WY 82443
- (307) 864-2147
- Also see the Worland office
- 1618 East M Street, Torrington, WY 82240
- (307) 532-4431
- (877) 474-7493 Toll-FreeFor use by Wyoming callers only.
- (307) 532-4009 Fax
- 1958 W. Mariposa Parkway, Wheatland, WY 82201
- (307) 322-4713
- (307) 322-4741
- Also see the Torrington office
- Business Enterprise Program
- Client Rights
- Clients' Guide to Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Independent Living Programs
- People First Language
- Social Security Disability Determination Services
- State Rehabilitation Council
- Vending Program
- Wyoming Relay/Deaf Services