Public Law (P.L.) 110-449 expanded Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC08) for up to 14 weeks.
Claimants may be eligible for an extended claim if they exhausted an Unemployment Insurance claim sometime on or after May 5, 2007.
The last week eligibility for an extension can be established is the week ending 12/28/2013.
The last week payable to eligible claimants is the week ending 12/28/2013.
Due to sequestration, Emergency Unemployment Compensation claims effective 5/26/2013 or after will be paid at a reduced benefit amount. Weekly and maximum benefits of these Emergency Unemployment Compensation claims will be reduced by 23.08 percent. This reduction does not affect regular Wyoming Unemployment Insurance claims or Emergency Unemployment Compensation claims with effective dates prior to 5/26/2013.
Am I Eligible for Emergency Unemployment Compensation?
- A claimant must have a benefit year that has ended and be unable to establish a new benefit year under regular Unemployment Insurance.
-- OR --
- A claimant must have received all unemployment insurance benefits available in a current benefit year (the benefit year has not yet ended, but there is no balance available).
-- AND --
- A claimant must have total earnings on the regular unemployment claim of at least 1.5 times the highest quarter in the Base Period of that claim.
How do I File an Emergency Unemployment Compensation Claim?
- Online at https://doe.state.wy.us/InetClaims/
- By telephone at (307) 473-3789
- Claimants living outside of Wyoming may file online or call 1-866-729-7799