- What do I need to know about preparing an application?
- What kind of training will be approved for a grant?
- What expenses will the grant cover?
- What expenses won't the grant cover?
- When can I expect to receive the grant and how is it paid?
- What is the final report and when do I have to submit it?
- Under what conditions do I get the final payment?
- How do I request an amendment?
1. What do I need to know about preparing an application?
- All businesses must be registered with Secretary of State, Wyoming at Work, Unemployment Insurance and Workers' Compensation to receive a good standing rating. Please fill out the joint registration form for UI/WC prior to starting a grant application.
- Applications must request funding for only one training event per application.
- There is no limit to the number of applications a business may submit.
- Applications can be created at any time and saved.
2. What kind of training will be approved for a grant?
In order for training to be approved, the business must demonstrate:
- Training will either correct an employee's skill deficiency or upgrade an employee's current skill level
- There is a direct relationship between the training and the trainee's occupation or craft
- The training is not normally provided by the business
- The business will not substitute funds normally provided for training or funds obtained from another source with Business Training Grant funds
- There is a need for the skill upgrade provided by the training for the business to remain competitive in the industry or economy; and
- The skill upgrade provided by the training will:
- Enhance the business' productivity, efficiency or profitability
- Reduce employee turnover
- Enhance employee wages
3. What expenses will the grant cover?
The following are allowable training expenses:
- Direct training costs, including tuition, registration, class fees and class materials;
- Training that does not include registration fees will not be considered
- Travel expenses including transportation expenses
- Instructor fees and travel expenses where the instructor is not an employee of the business
- Fees for continuing education units and certifications that may be obtained during the training event
4. What expenses won't the grant cover?
The following are not allowable training expenses:
- Lodging and meals will no longer be covered
- Trainee wages and fringe benefits
- Administration expenses
- Purchased, rented or leased equipment
- Instructor fees and travel expenses where the instructor is an employee of the business;
- Assessments, testing and certification exams that are not included in the training;
- Capital construction of any kind; and/or
- Cost of preparing the grant application.
5. When can I expect to receive the grant and how is it paid?
The application must be approved and a contract must be signed and dated by all parties, including the business, prior to the training start date.
- The grant reimburses allowable expenses after training is completed and the final report has been submitted and reviewed
6. What is the final report and when do I have to submit it?
- The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services will send an email to the business 90 days after the training has been completed requesting a final report.
- The final report must include:
- A summary report of the results of the training program
- A copy of the agenda or registration form that show corresponding dates of training period
- A payroll record listing the name(s), the last four digits of the trainee(s) social security number(s) and hourly wages of the employee(s) trained for a pay period 90 days after the training has been completed
- Invoices or receipts for allowable expenses, including travel and registration; and
- Verification of attendance.
- Adjustment to the reimbursement will be made if actual expenses were lower than the amount awarded.
7. Under what conditions do I get the Reimbursement?
- Reimbursement will be disbursed to the business if the trainee:
- Has completed the training within the Training Period referenced in the Contract; and
- Has been retained in employment with the business for 90 days after the date of completion of the training.
- Has submitted the final report with all supporting documentation requested
8. How do I request an amendment?
Please log on to the business account with the Workforce Development Training Fund and send a message through that account requesting an amendment. Remember that amendments may be granted once to change the end date of training, so it is imperative that the return travel date (if necessary) is included in the request. Additionally, please provide a brief, one sentence explanation as to why the training end date has changed.